Well I need a new past time, guitar, photography and living is not keeping me awake at night. So I thought I should connect my air conditioner on my local network. This is a simple project from the hardware point of view, the hard part will be the logic. The first step is listing my Inputs/Outputs, with this list I’ll be able to choose my micro-controller.
- Room Temperature
- Pipe Temperature
- Wet Sensor (Humidity)
- Microswitch (x4)
- Pressure Switch (Normal Level)
- Pressure Switch (Security Level)
- Infrared Sensor
- Display Unit (Unknown Number of lines)
- Motors (Utility x2)
- Drain Pump
- Circ Pump
- Upside Fan Motor (3 speed)
- Bottom Fan Motor
- Compressor (External Protector)
Fun, they mixed 115v AC with 3.3v DC on the same board; what could go wrong ?
Basically the choses I have, for my controller, are:
- EmbeddedARM TS 7260 (30 total DIO pins)
- CM-HSC12NE64: Based on Freescale MC9S12NE64 Microcontroller (Development board has more then 10 output lines and 12 input lines)
- FoxLX (48 general purpose I/O)
The MC9S12NE64 is very nice since it is the only one that will fit in the current enclosure however it is a bit short on inputs/outputs.